Dec 9, 2014
On today's episode, we are speaking with holistic nutritionist,
Joy McCarthy. She is an expert in the health and nutrition world
and is the author of Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well Without
Dieting. Today, Joy shares her wealth of knowledge and passion for
natural skin care. We get into specifics that will take your skin
to the next level!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Joy's health journey
- What Joy eats & supplements with in a typical day
- Specific cosmetic brands you can trust
- Cosmetic ingredients you want to avoid
- The natural eye makeup remover you already have in your
- How to make your own natural cleanser, masks and
- Using apple cider vinegar for a hair cleanser and
- What to eat and what to avoid for glowing skin
- How removing common food sensitivities such as dairy can
benefit your skin
- Are there legit natural sunscreens?
- How antioxidants in your diet can protect you from the sun
- MSM for skin and joint health
- How coconut oil can protect you from the sun
- Natural ways of helping heal a sunburn
- Dry skin brushing and other keys to reducing cellulite
- Joy's healthy morning routine
Follow Joy McCarthy on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Joy's products - Joyous Shop
Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well Without Dieting
Samantha Gladish (The Qualitarian)
David Suzuki - Dirty Dozen Cosmetic
EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics
Éminence Organic Skin Care
Consonant All Natural Skin Care
Redmond Clay Powder
Schaf Skin Care
Skin Essence Organics
Rahua Amazon Beauty
Live Live Sun Lotion with MSM (Marni remembered the
079: Joy McCarthy – Natural
Pregnancy | Work-Life Balance As A New Mom | Should You Exercise
While You’re Pregnant?
139: Joy McCarthy – Joyous Detox •
There’s More To Turmeric Than Curcumin • The Power Of
188: Nadine Artemis – Redefining Beauty •
Your Natural Deodorant Solution • Our Skin Is Designed For
189: Focus Friday – Ultimate Beauty
158: Dr. Trevor Cates – Clean Skin
From Within • The Stress-Skin Connection • Should We Be Using
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a
purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will
receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting
the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to
read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe
to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers
never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite
social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app
(FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes
right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.