Apr 23, 2019
Dr. Alan Christianson (IG: @dralanchristianson) is a
naturopathic endocrinologist who focuses on thyroid function,
adrenal health, and metabolism. He has been actively
practicing in Scottsdale since 1996 and is the founding physician
behind Integrative Health.
Alan is a New York Times bestselling author whose books include
The Adrenal Reset Diet, and the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Thyroid
Disease and the book we're focusing in on today, The
Metabolism Reset Diet.
He regularly appears on national media like Dr. Oz, The Doctors,
and The Today Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alan's story of growing up with cerebral palsy &
- Metabolism defined
- What causes an overloaded liver?
- Overloaded liver symptoms
- The 4-Week Metabolism Reset Diet
- Drinking two smoothies a day
- The benefits of plant protein
- Use the whole banana, including the peel
- Aquafaba contains resistant starch
- Health benefits of legumes
- Why a satisfying dinner helps beat insomnia
- Eat breakfast one hour after waking up
- The main functions of the liver
- Consume a variety of protein sources
- Are you taking too many supplements?
- Supplement quality matters
- How much iodine do you need?
- What is sleep jet lag?
- Journaling before bed
- Avoiding caffeine on the 4-week reset
- Exercise during the reset
- How much water should you drink, daily?
Organifi <== 20% off all
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all
Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Beekeeper's Naturals <== 15%
off all Beekeeper's Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all
Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Tap here to go to our webiste to download
the worksheet for this episode
Dr. Alan Christianson - The Metabolism Reset
Dr. Alan Christianson's website
Follow Dr. Alan Christianson on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Alan Christianson (books)
Join The 7-Day Metabolism
164: Dr. Sara Gottfried –
The Hormone Cure • Prepare For Menopause • The Importance Of
241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The
Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing
178: Mark Sisson – Ketosis Curbs
Hunger • The Healthiest Oil • Reboot Your Metabolism
256: Dr. Datis Kharrazian
– Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? • Understanding Iodine •
Vitamin D & Autoimmunity
116: Dr. Michael Breus –
The Mystery Of Sleep • What Is Your Chronotype? • The Best Pillow
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a
purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will
receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting
the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on Apple Podcasts, we
make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to
subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss
any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite
social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app
(FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes
right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.