Jul 24, 2018
Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac is a globally recognized leader in the
fields of ancestral health, paleo nutrition, and functional and
integrative medicine. He is the creator of ChrisKresser.com, one of the top 25 natural health
sites in the world, and the author of the New York Times best
seller, The Paleo Cure*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A decade long journey back to health
- Discovering the paleo diet
- Functional medicine combines conventional & traditional
- Focusing on the root cause of disease
- Cultivating more pleasure and joy
- His latest book, Unconventional Medicine
- Taking back your individual health
- Training healthcare practitioners to make a bigger impact
- High statistics of children suffering with behavioural
- Access and cost of functional medicine needs to be looked at
- Conventional medicine subsidizes a certain type of
- Impact functional medicine could have on society
- 2/3rds of all medical research is sponsored by pharmaceutical
- The definition of functional medicine
- The 3 aspects of the ADAPT process
- Traditional cultures around the world
- The future of medicine
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw
Elements products - Apply the code TUHP at
checkout (free shipping over $100)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you
get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four
Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products
& free shipping over $100
Chris Kresser - Unconventional Medicine (book)*
Chris Kresser's website
Follow Chris Kresser on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Chris Kresser - The Paleo Cure (book)*
Sally Fallon - Nourishing Traditions (book)*
Weston A. Price Foundation
Weston A. Price - Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
Apex Energetics - GI Synergy (supplement)*
Biotics Research – Dysbiocide (supplement)*
Esalen Institute – Big Sur, California
Listen to Dr. Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episode #074), (episode #084), and (episode #214)
Check out our wedding pics on Instagram & Facebook
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to
read them all. Android users, be sure to follow our show on
Spotify. Subscribers never miss any of the
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.