Jul 10, 2018
Geneen Roth (IG: @geneenroth) is the author of
ten books, including a number of New York Times bestsellers. Over
the past thirty years, she has worked with thousands of people in
her groundbreaking workshops and retreats and has appeared on
numerous national shows, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, 20/20,
and the Today show. Today we're focusing on Geneen's latest book,
Messy Magnificent Life*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Geneen's hellish relationship with food from age 11 to 28
- If I had X then I would feel Y thinking (it's a myth)
- Working on ultimate contentment and joy
- Everybody has challenges... it's challenging to be alive
- Losing 30 years of life savings
- Focus on what you do have vs what you don't
- There's only this moment
- What people regret most at the end of their lives
- Insight doesn't lead to change
- What's not wrong right now?
- Very little can't be replaced
- Everything ends
- Seeing extraordinary in the ordinary
- Meeting Eckhart Tolle for the first time
- Showing up moment to moment
- Stop complaining
- When you change the way you look at things, the things you look
- Taking a conscious breath a couple of times a day
- The most fabulous thing about being aware of death
- Death can happen in any moment
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four
Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you
get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw
Elements products - Apply the code TUHP at
checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products
& free shipping over $100
Geneen Roth - This Messy Magnificent Life
Geneen Roth's website
Follow Geneen Roth on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Geneen Roth's books*
Listen to Dr. Mark Hyman previously on TUHP (episode #214, #84, #74)
John Gunther - Death Be Not Proud (book)*
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to
read them all. Android users, be sure to follow our show on
Spotify. Subscribers never miss any of the
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.