Aug 1, 2017
Nina Teicholz is an investigative journalist and author of
the International and New York Times bestseller, The Big Fat
Surprise. Her book has upended the conventional wisdom on
dietary fat and challenged the very core of our nutrition
In this episode, we discuss:
- Saturated fat needs to be addressed in a different light
- Where did the idea that saturated fat and dietary cholesterol
cause heart disease come from?
- Heart disease appeared at the same time vegetable oils were
- One of the byproducts of hydrogenation is trans fats
- What fat should you cook with?
- The tropical oils: coconut, palm kernel, and palm oil
- Should we fear coconut oil?
- The impact of a high unsaturated fat diet
- How the Mediterranean diet was born
- What's the deal with cholesterol?
- A diet you'll want to consider if you have a metabolic
- Nina's "fat" days as a vegetarian
- Fruit is full of sugar
- Children do better on a higher fat diet
- 96 percent of the claims in What The Health (documentary) are
based on weak to non-existent data
- Don't fear the fat
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products -
Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free
shipping over $100)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free
30-day membership, 25% off your first order, and free shipping (US
Nina Teicholz -
The Big Fat Surprise (book)*
Follow Nina on Twitter and Facebook
Saturated Fats and CVD: AHA Convicts, We Say Acquit
Don't believe the American Heart Assn. — butter,
steak and coconut oil aren't likely to kill you (Los Angeles Times
‘What the Health‘ Review: Health Claims Backed by
No Solid Evidence (Diet Doctor)
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android
users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google
Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose
the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app
will help keep you on track. Download
6. Share using the buttons below.