Jun 14, 2017
Dr. Trevor Cates is a nationally recognized naturopathic doctor.
She is also known as The Spa Dr. and was the first woman licensed
as a naturopathic doctor in the state of California. Trevor has
worked with world-renown spas and sees patients in her private
practice in Park City, Utah with a focus on graceful aging and
glowing skin. She has been featured on The Doctors, MindBodyGreen
and is the host of The Spa Dr. Podcast.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Trevor hasn't always had glowing skin
- Your skin can tell you a lot about your overall health
- Skin is our magic mirror
- The relationship between our gut microbiome and our skin
- How to tell if your skin microbiome is out of balance
- Our skin does best when the environment is mildly acidic
- Determining your skin type
- Trevor's favourite skin nourishing animal protein - wild
- Inflammation is one of the big root causes of skin issues
- The bone broth-skin connection
- Is there a collagen alternative for vegans and
- Antioxidant rich foods help protect your skin
- Blood sugar spikes can lead to breakouts
- How common is acne these days?
- Diet plays a big role when it comes to acne
- 80% of skin health is internal and 20% is external
- What you put on you skin gets absorbed into your body
- There are a lot of hidden ingredients in the word
- Aloe is great for soothing your skin
- A simple papaya mask you can make at home
- Men can take their skin care to the next level, too
- Find a cleanser with the correct pH
- Small white or red bumps on the back of the upper arms... what
- Areas of the body that get the most sun exposure
- Should we be using sunblock?
- Plain yogurt is great for sunburnt skin
- The stress-skin connection
- The power of positive affirmations and mindset
Dr. Trevor Cates -
Clean Skin from Within (book)*
Dr. Trevor Cates'
Listen to The Spa Dr podcast on iTunes
The Spa Dr.'s
The Spa Dr. skin care products
Listen to Dr. Kellyann Petrucci previously on TUHP
Sally Hogshead -
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products -
Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free
shipping over $100)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android
users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google
Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose
the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app
will help keep you on track. Download
6. Share using the buttons below.