May 30, 2017
Elle Russ is a writer, health coach, and host of The Primal
Blueprint Podcast. She's passionate about spreading the
paleo/primal health message and coaching people on how to live an
amazing life, with ease.
Over the course of 10 years, Elle suffered from two bouts of
severe hypothyroidism. She healed herself on her own, reclaiming
her health and happiness.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The thyroid is the master gland of the body
- T4 and T3 - the main thyroid hormones
- The 6 essential thyroid tests
- Gluten and grains raise Hashimoto's antibodies
- Be careful with iodine supplementation
- We have more T3 receptors in our brain than anywhere else
- If you're suffering with psychiatric issues, get your thyroid
- Elle's two severe bouts of hypothyroidism and how she fixed her
- The reverse T3 number is a great wellness marker for
- Endocrinologists are the worst people to go to with a thyroid
- Make sure you understand your lab test results
- Hashimoto's disease - what's happening in the body?
- High Hashimoto's antibodies = inflammation
- A simple way to support your thyroid before an issue
- The paleo/primal lifestyle is the ultimate in blood glucose and
- Nobody needs to get type 2 diabetes
- If you're dealing with hypothyroidism, the worst thing you can
do is workout
- Elle's morning routine
- Is there a connection between carbs and hypothyroidism?
- FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real
- If you feel great, get a comprehensive thyroid test now
Elle Russ - The
Paleo Thyroid Solution (book)*
Primal Blueprint Podcast
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode
EcoNugenics - PectaClear
Listen to Dr. Christiane Northrup previously on TUHP
the Thyroid Madness website
Mark Sisson -
The Primal Blueprint (book)*
Life Extension selenium (Se-Methyl
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free
shipping over $100)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android
users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google
Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose
the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app
will help keep you on track. Download
6. Share using the buttons below.