May 23, 2017
Vinnie Tortorich is a celebrity fitness trainer, speaker,
podcaster, and best-selling author of Fitness Confidential:
Adventures in the Weight-Loss Game.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why is Vinnie know as America's Angriest Trainer?
- What's it like working with actors, writers, directors,
executives (Hollywood types)?
- Making the move from New Orleans to LA
- Living a minimalistic lifestyle
- Vinnie was turned onto weightlifting after watching Jack
LaLanne on TV
- Choosing the right gym
- Most trainers suck
- What to look for in a great trainer
- Exercise isn't a good way to lose weight
- You can't do high intensity interval training (HIIT) daily, if
you're doing it correctly
- Is ultra athletics healthy?
- The best piece of fitness equipment that does it all and it's
- Fitness is more mental than physical
- The time Vinnie got fat and he didn't even realize it
- How a hypoxic tent lead to Vinnie finding out he had
- No Sugar No Grains (NSNG)
- What does Vinnie eat?
- Getting nutrients through food vs. supplementation
- Everyone is lacking in magnesium
- Vinnie's morning routine
- Don't wait until tomorrow... start today
- In life, always take the garbage out
- Fitness Confidential (book)*
Follow Vinnie Tortorich on Twitter
Vinnie's recent interview with us on Fitness
Confidential (his podcast)
Listen to Dr. William Davis previously on TUHP
Adam Carolla -
In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks (book)*
Serena Scott Thomas
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products -
Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free
shipping over $100)*
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our
show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android
users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google
Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope
button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is
where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes.
Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose
the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app
will help keep you on track. Download
6. Share using the buttons below.