Mar 29, 2016
On this week's show, we are speaking with Dr. Josh Axe. He is a
certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with
a passion to help get people healthy by using food as medicine.
Josh created one of the top 10 most visited natural health
websites on the planet, draxe.com. He is the author of Eat Dirt:
Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5
Surprising Steps to Cure It.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A little bit of dirt is great for your immunity and
- Should you wash your vegetables?
- Leaky gut syndrome is the root cause of all disease
- Early warning signs & symptoms of leaky gut
- The 6 main causes of leaky gut
- All medications cause leaky gut
- Destress with an epsom salt & essential oil bath
- Josh's spiritual triathlon
- The #1 food for healing leaky gut is bone broth
- The food most diverse in probiotics, goat's milk kefir
- Redefining "good" and "bad" gut bacteria
- Properly preparing grains
- Raw foods and leaky gut don't mix
- The 5 gut types
- Spring and Summer are the best times to consume raw foods
- A diet to help heal from candida gut
- Combating EMFs through diet and lifestyle modifications
- When you buy meat, only buy organic
- Minimize your exposure to toxins by incorporating essential
- Tests for leaky gut syndrome
- Most people can radically turn their gut health around in 90
- No food or supplement actually heals you
- Soil-based organisms (SBOs) vs. probiotics vs. fermented
- Kids naturally eat dirt
- Other microorganisms besides bacteria can be healthy
Links to things we mentioned:
Dr. Josh Axe - Eat Dirt (book)*
Josh Axe's website
Dr. Josh Axe - What Kind of Leaky Gut Test Should You
Dr. Josh Axe's leaky gut quiz
Pure Water Freedom
The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products
(free shipping over $100)*
Join TUHP Facebook group
Add us on Snapchat
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links.
Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but
we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of
supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Subscribe and review our show on iTunes and Stitcher. We make sure to read
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health
Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.